19 cross-sector brands including; Barclays, Superdrug, Thomas Cook, Boots, BT, Travelodge, Dublin Airport, P&O Cruises, Santander and QVC reveal how they are turning analytics into usable, actionable insight, and how are they applying this to make a real difference to the business and their customers. The event is attending by senior-level analytic professionals who are are seeking to propel analytics beyond just number crunching.
- Event date:Thursday, 30 March, 2017Place:One America Square, 17 Crosswall, LondonMore information and registration HEREEvent type:
- Event date:Friday, 7 April, 2017Place:Atlanta (USA)
Southern Data Science conference is a one day event where data science pioneers nationwide will come to Atlanta to share their most recent research and development in the data science field. It's an event organized by southern data scientists for the southern data science community.
More info: http://www.southerndatascience.com/
- Event date:Monday, 24 April, 2017 to Wednesday, 26 April, 2017Place:Porto, Portugal
Internet of Things (IoT) is a platform and a phenomenon that allows everything to process information, communicate data, analyze context collaboratively and in the service or individuals, organizations and businesses. In the process of doing so, a large amount of data with different formats and content has to be processed efficiently, quickly and intelligently through advanced algorithms, techniques, models and tools. This new paradigm is enabled by the maturity of several different technologies, including the internet, wireless communication, cloud computing, sensors, big data analytics and machine learning algorithms.
More information here: http://iotbds.org/Home.aspx
- Event date:Tuesday, 2 May, 2017 to Thursday, 4 May, 2017Place:Arizona (USA)
The second edition of Corinium’s Chief Analytics Officer Spring takes place from May 2-4 2017 in Scottsdale, Arizona and will explore why now is the time, more than ever, you as an analytics leader need to prove the return on investment in analytics tech for your organization.
This conference is not just for Chief Analytics Officers: it may be led by CAO’S but all top level Analytics, Data, Data Science, Business Intelligence specialists cross-industry are welcome, allowing you to meet and network with the very best of your peers from a range of organizations and backgrounds.
Explore strategies and approaches for deriving real actionable insights utilizing analytics through tangible real-world case studies and topic highlights including:
- The Chief Analytics Officer as the driver of insights within your organization: Where are you in the analytics curve – where are the opportunities to grow and how do you prove real ROI?
- Moving organizations towards analytical capability: How can you best prepare your business, departments and teams for analytical involvement and enable seamless integration and acceptance for your analytics function internally?
- Creating an architecture for analytics: Discussing what is needed in this new world of analytics, with ever growing data sets, fringe data, upgraded tools and processes and security threats. How do you build the right architecture to handle this whilst remaining agile and adaptive?
- Data philanthropy – the future of corporate social responsibility: How private sector companies can help make real progress on big world problems the refugee crisis to world hunger by donating untapped data and decision scientists. What are the business gains through bringing together new data sources?
- Liberating your data! Putting data and analytics into the hands of the internal consumer: How can we empower and educate the non-quantitatively informed, to use analytical tools and make better informed judgments so data is in the right form, in the right place at the right time.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Eric Daly, VP, Data Science and Analytics, Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Vishwa Kolla, VP, Head of Advanced Analytics, John Hancock Insurance
• John Hershberger, VP, Enterprise Analytics Office, USAA
• Harsh Tiwari, Senior Vice President, Chief Data Officer, CUNA Mutual Group
• Dany De Grave, Senior Director InnX: Innovation Programs and External Networks, Sanofi Pasteur
• Ash Dhupar, Chief Analytics Officer, Publishers Clearing House
• Melanie Shipek, Director of Decision Support, Sanford Health
• Ron Mardenly, VP of Global Insights and Strategy, Staples
• Dr. Amy Gershkoff , Chief Data Officer, Zynga
• Zachery Anderson VP, Marketing Science & Analytics, Electronic Arts
• Daniel Caraviello, Associate R&D Director – Analytics, Dow Agrosciences
View the latest agenda http://coriniumintelligence.com/chiefanalyticsofficerspring/agenda
We are delighted to offer BDVA a 10% on their ticket purchase. Please quote Promo code BDVA10
Ticket Price Options and registration - http://coriniumintelligence.com/chiefanalyticsofficerspring/register/
For more information, contact Laurence Allen, Marketing Manager
- Event date:Tuesday, 2 May, 2017 to Wednesday, 3 May, 2017Place:Seattle (USA)
- Event date:Monday, 15 May, 2017 to Friday, 19 May, 2017Place:Barcelona
This European HPC ecosystem event offers a wide variety of workshops covering a number of application areas where supercomputers are key, as well as HPC technologies and infrastructures. This second edition will include HPC workshops covering a range of application areas including renewable energies, oil & gas, biomedicine, big data, mathematics, climate modelling, computing applications, as well as HPC future technologies. It will be a great opportunity to network with all relevant European HPC stakeholders, from technology suppliers and HPC infrastructures to HPC scientific and industrial users in Europe
- Event date:Monday, 15 May, 2017 to Tuesday, 16 May, 2017Place:Chapel Hill (USA)
The South Big Data Innovation Hub invites you to our mHealth Workshop, a chance for researchers, industry leaders, and medical professionals to discuss the challenges and opportunities to improve access to mobile healthcare to people across the South. The workshop will provide immediate value to the individual participants as well as interim benefits in shaping a comprehensive data-focused research agenda for mHealth Internet of Things (IoT).
To request to attend the invitation-only event, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event date:Friday, 2 June, 2017Place:Orlando (USA)
This full-day event will allow interested parties to learn more about the BD Hubs and Spokes, especially how to become involved in their activities. During the opening panel, the executive directors for each BD Hub will introduce the activities and opportunities for their region. The main attraction of the workshop will consist of presentations from select BD Spoke and planning grant investigators, which will highlight the current research related activities facilitated by the BD Hubs.
More info: https://www.nsf.gov/cise/bdspokes/index.jsp
- Event date:Monday, 12 June, 2017 to Friday, 16 June, 2017Place:Essen, Germany
Public and private organizations are entering into the digital world where real time data is available about their operations and operating environments, third-party services offered to increase their performance, and changes in the demands of their customers. Such abundance of data offers new opportunities but also raises new challenges for information systems. The systems have to exploit these data to help (networked-) organizations to decide and conduct appropriate business transformations that are necessary to guarantee their survival in an ever changing world.
The digitalization of the world, the availability of data in real-time and the increasing connections of things, IT-systems, and organizations have significantly increased the role of information systems in the organizations during the last decades. Historically, enabled by databases and file systems technologies supporting data storage and retrieval facilities, information systems have proven instrumental in supporting management issues associated with the optimization and partial automation of processes and document flows in more efficient organizations.
With the internet and web technologies, enhancing the quality of the information, information systems are increasingly regarded as a centre of profit rather than a centre of costs. The transformation of data into information intensive services creating new customer/client value has led organizations to reshape their business value proposition. Architecture of information systems has evolved to enable increasingly interconnected service systems.
More information here: http://caise2017.paluno.de/welcome/
- Event date:Monday, 19 June, 2017 to Tuesday, 20 June, 2017Place:Galway, Ireland
The new biennial conference series on Language, Data and Knowledge (LDK) aims at bringing together researchers from across disciplines concerned with the acquisition, curation and use of language data in the context of data science and knowledge-based applications. With the advent of the Web and digital technologies, an ever increasing amount of language data is now available across application areas and industry sectors, including social media, digital archives, company records, etc. The efficient and meaningful exploitation of this data in scientific and commercial innovation is at the core of data science research, employing NLP and machine learning methods as well as semantic technologies based on knowledge graphs.
See more information here: http://ldk2017.org
- Event date:Monday, 19 June, 2017 to Tuesday, 20 June, 2017Place:Athens, Greece
Forum organized by the Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER) as part of the 5th Annual International Conference on Industrial, Systems and Design Engineering. You are welcome to submit a proposal for a presentation by email to email@example.com before 20 February 2017. The registration fee is 540 euro and includes accommodation during the days of the conference, participation to all sessions of the conference, breakfasts, two lunches and all taxes. The language of the conference is English for both presentations and discussions. Abstracts should be 200-300 words in length and it should include names and contact details of all authors. All abstracts are blind reviewed according to ATINER’s standards and policies. Acceptance decisions are sent within four weeks following submission. Papers should be submitted one month before the conference only if the paper is to be considered for publication at ATINER’s series. Please, check www.atiner.gr/inddat for further information.
- Event date:Monday, 26 June, 2017 to Tuesday, 27 June, 2017Place:Berlin, Germany
The growing role of Social Media and OSINT sources within intelligence exploitation, the optimisation of support for targeting, the future of Big Data architecture and how can predictive analytics can make a substantial contribution towards the optimisation of defence procurement processes are all issues that will be addressed at the next Global Big Data Defence Summit in June 2017 in Berlin.
Along four different streams: collection, analysis, dissemination and exploitation; key decision-makers and experts representing a number of Ministries of Defence and collective defence institutions such as NATO, will analyse the role of Big Data at the time of tackling the current overload of information that is affecting military operations.
More info here: www.bigdatadefencesummit.com
- Event date:Wednesday, 28 June, 2017 to Friday, 30 June, 2017Place:Poznań, Poland
20th International Conference on Business Information Systems
Conference theme for 2017: Big Data Analytics for Business and Public Administration
The increasing interest in Big Data resulted in the transformation of science, medicine, healthcare, engineering, business, finance, administration and even society. Big Data Analytics helps organisations process their data in order to identify new opportunities. The results might make the business smarter by enabling faster and better decision making, more efficient operations and higher profits, and also lead to more satisfied customers by gauging their needs.
Big Data Analytics helps to understand and enhance enterprises by linking many fields of information technology and business. Moreover, governments are using Big Data Analytics to gain new insights to change the accepted notions of public service, improve quality of life and set new patient-centric standards for healthcare. Thus, BIS 2017 conference will continue the discussion about Big and Smart Data started on the previous editions. We invite researchers and business practitioners to publish the latest results in Big Data Analytics research. Our goal is to inspire you to think outside the box by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of ongoing Big Data solutions and technologies.
The BIS conference is a well-respected event joining international researchers to discuss the wide range of the development, implementation, application and improvement of business applications and systems. It is addressed to the scientific community, people involved in the development of business computer applications,consultants helping to properly implement computer technology and applications in the industry.
- Event date:Thursday, 7 September, 2017 to Friday, 8 September, 2017Place:Paris, France
The main theme of the conference is “Future Technologies for Knowledge Discoveries in Data". This conference aimed to expand its coverage in the areas of Big Data and Data Mining where expert talks, young researcher’s presentations will be placed in every session of the meeting will be inspired and keep up your enthusiasm. We feel our expert Organizing Committee is our major asset, however your presence over the venue will add one more feather to the crown of Data Mining 2017.
Data Mining, the extraction of hidden predictive information from large databases, is a powerful new technology with great potential to help companies focus on the most important information in their data warehouses. Data Mining 2017 is comprised of the following sessions with 25 tracks and 133 sub sessions designed to offer comprehensive sessions that address current issues of Big Data and Data Mining. Data mining tools predict future trends and behaviors, allowing businesses to make proactive, knowledge-driven decisions. The automated, prospective analyses offered by data mining move beyond the analyses of past events provided by retrospective tools typical of decision support systems. Data mining tools can answer business questions that traditionally were too time-consuming to resolve.
More information here: http://datamining.conferenceseries.com