KDD is the flagship research conference on Big Data, Data Mining, and Machine Learning, with over 5,000 attendees from leading academia and industry globally. At the conference you will have the opportunity to listen to top data scientists share their knowledge to advance the application of data science, benefiting all aspects of society, learn from leading experts in the world of applied data mining and knowledge discovery, and discuss novel ideas with your peers from industry, academia, and government in full and half day workshops. Further information about the event can be found at http://www.kdd.org/kdd2018/.
- Event date:Sunday, 19 August, 2018 to Thursday, 23 August, 2018Place:LondonEvent type:
- Event date:Wednesday, 29 August, 2018 to Friday, 31 August, 2018Place:Prague - Czech Republic
The 44th Euromicro Conference on SEAA will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, from August 29 to August 31, 2018.The Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA) is a long-standing international forum for researchers, practitioners from business and industry, and students to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends, experiences, and concerns in the field of Software Engineering and Advanced Applications in information technology for software-intensive systems.A special session on Big Data Analytics (BDA) is foreseen. It looks at two main aspects:
SEAA 2018 encourages the submission of full research papers (maximum 8 pages) and short papers (maximum 4 pages).Paper Submission Deadline: 1st March 2018More information about the BDA special session and the SEAA conference can be found here.
- The impact of big data analytics on software engineering;
- Advanced applications enabled by big data analytics.
- The impact of big data analytics on software engineering;
- Event date:Monday, 10 September, 2018 to Friday, 14 September, 2018Place:Dublin, Ireland
The European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases will take place in the Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin, Ireland during the 10 – 14 September 2018.This event is the premier European machine learning and data mining conference and builds upon over 16 years of successful events and conferences held across Europe.The 4-day conference will provide an international forum for the discussion of the latest high-quality research results in all areas related to machine learning for practical contexts and real world applications, knowledge discovery in databases and related application domains, data mining, data analytics, big data and data science.Submissions are invited for research papers and innovative real-world data systems and applications. Check all the call for of submissions here.For registering to the event use this web-page.More detailed information about the event is available here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 12 September, 2018Place:Como (Italy)
ESOCC 2018 will include a special track entirely devoted to presenting results and perspectives of EU research projects on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing. This session features a good opportunity for presenters to disseminate the results of their project and for participants to get an updated view of the ongoing research on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing. More info at: http://esocc2018.disco.unimib.it/index.php/eu-projects-track/
- Event date:Tuesday, 18 September, 2018Place:Brussels
CEN-CENELEC organises a 1 day workshop to pinpoint how standardization will support the take-up of AI technologies.During the workshop participants will discuss the importance of Artificial Intelligence for Consumers and Industry and how trustworthiness in AI can be built. The focus will be on the impact of AI on Consumer Smart Environment and Industrial Manufacturing. The workshop will identify areas and ways in which standards can help implement trustworthiness in AI systems through requirement frameworks, qualification criteria, benchmarks and baselines. The different parameters to make an AI system trustworthy will be defined and participants will set the base for a roadmap on standardization for AI.Further details and registration: https://www.cencenelec.eu/News/Events/Pages/EV-2018-016.aspxEvent type:
- Event date:Monday, 24 September, 2018 to Friday, 28 September, 2018Place:Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Madrid - Spain
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice.The 12th Edition (ECSA 2018) will be held on 24 – 28 September 2018 at Madrid, Spain, and is hosted by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM).The program committee seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications & experience reports on all topics related to software architectures and workshop proposals as well.The program committee seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications & experience reports on all topics related to software architectures and workshop proposals as well.The papers and proposals need to be submitted by the following deadlines:
Selected papers from the conference will be considered for a special Journal on Software Architecture.Find more information here.
- Research/Industrial and Education abstracts (March 12th, 2018)
- Research/Industrial and Education papers (March 23rd, 2018)
- Workshop proposals (March 1st, 2018).
- Event date:Tuesday, 25 September, 2018Place:Madrid (Spain)
Software architecture is a critical cornerstone of the current complex software systems. This workshop aims at discuss on advanced solutions for systems involving one or several of the following technological paradigms: big data, or big data integration with cloud computing / IOT / HPC / artificial intelligence. Industrial case studies including demonstrations and applied research experiences reports for novel contributions as well as visionary papers are welcome. Overall design and performance issues and challenges are expected to be addressed. Moreover, solutions to enforce both security, transparency and ethics by design are also expected.
SACBD is co-located with ECSA2018, all information can be found here
Call for papers
Short papers (2-3 pages average length. 4 pages max. length) are requested. It is estimated to accept 3 papers per thematic slot, which means a maximum of 12 papers. This is a forum for discussing the different architectural challenges related to big data. Envisaged thematic slots are the following:
- software architectures in genuine big data scenarios (big data)
- combining big data and IoT and/or exploiting big data with HPC (big data integration with cloud computing / IOT / HPC)
- applying machine learning to big data scenarios (big data integration with artificial intelligence)
- fostering businesses with big data through cloud and analytics (industrial case studies, demonstrations and applied research experiences reports, visionary papers)
Submitted papers will be ranked according to the established selection criteria by the Workshop Committee. At least one author of each accepted paper must register at ECSA2018.
- Papers submission: June 21 (Extension of deadline!)
- Acceptance notification: July 3
- Camera ready: July 12
Papers must follow the ACM formatting instructions:http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sacbdecsa2018.
- Daniel Alonso, ITI, Spain
- Zoltan Mann, Paluno (Uni. Duisburg-Essen), Germany
- Almudena Sánchez, GMV, Spain
- César Alfaro, URJC, Spain
- Ali Serdar Atalay, Bitnet, Turkey
- Peter Baumann, rasdaman, Germany
- Arne Berre, SINTEF, Norway
- David Bowden, DELL, Ireland
- Sergio Campos, TECNALIA, Spain
- Carlos Cuesta, URJC, Spain
- Javier Del Ser, TECNALIA, Spain
- Omar Elloumi, NOKIA, Ireland
- Alberto Fernández, URJC, Spain
- Javier Gómez, URJC, Spain
- Ibai Laña, TECNALIA, Spain
- Andreas Metzger, Paluno (Uni. Duisburg-Essen), Germany
- Ignacio Olabarrieta, TECNALIA, Spain
- Angel Serrano Sánchez de León, URJC, Spain
- Ana Isabel Torre, TECNALIA, Spain
- Anwar Vahed, DIRISA, South Africa
- Juan Manuel Vara, URJC, Spain
- Event date:Wednesday, 10 October, 2018 to Thursday, 11 October, 2018Place:Copenhagen
High Tech Summit is part conference and part exhibition powered by DTU (Technical University of Denmark). Their vision is to create the largest research-based meeting place in Denmark within the fields of digitalization, robotics and artificial intelligence.The event aims to create the perfect environment for companies, start-ups, organisations and universities to meet and present their latest technological developments, debate the most recent discoveries, participate in matchmaking events, and generate ideas.More information at https://www.hightechsummit.dk/
- Event date:Monday, 15 October, 2018 to Tuesday, 16 October, 2018Place:Helsinki
Neural Networks 2018 aims in proclaim knowledge and share new ideas amongst the professionals, industrialists, researchers, and students from research area of Artificial Intelligence. This scientific gathering guarantees that offering the thoughts and ideas will enable and secure you the theme “Harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence”. More information at: https://neuralnetworks.conferenceseries.com/
- Event date:Monday, 15 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 17 October, 2018Place:Bilbao
The 12th International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing will take place in Bilbao from the 15th to the 17th October 2018.Organised by Joint Research Lab and the Department of Communications Engineering
of University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU), IDC aims to gather researchers and practitioners to foster and ease rich discussions around the latest findings, research achievements and ideas in the area of Intelligent Distributed Computing. It provides an open forum for enhancing the collaboration between researchers, lecturers, and students from Intelligent Computing and Distributing Computing communities.IDC 2018 welcomes research works centred on all above aspects of intelligent distributed computing, with an intention to balance between theoretical research ideas and their practicability as well as industrial applicability. To this end, scholars and practitioners from academia and industrial fields are invited to submit high- quality original contributions to IDC 2018.
The deadline for submitting papers is the 9th of April.
All accepted papers will be included in the Symposium Proceedings, which will be published by Springer as part of their series Studies in Computational Intelligence.Additional information about the event and the call for papers are available here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 16 October, 2018 to Thursday, 18 October, 2018Place:Barcelona
The IoT Solutions World Congress is where real digital transformation happens. A unique event dedicated exclusively to joining IoT providers with industry in order to help the latter increase productivity via this disruptive technology.After three editions, the event has grown to become the global reference for industrial IoT, and the annual meeting for industry stakeholders to establish new partnerships.More information at https://www.iotsworldcongress.com/
- Event date:Tuesday, 23 October, 2018 to Wednesday, 24 October, 2018Place:La Valleta (Malta)
The conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and Applications of Semantics for Large Scale Information Systems (ODBASE’18) provides a forum on the use of ontologies, rules and data semantics in novel applications. Of particular relevance to ODBASE are papers that bridge traditional boundaries between disciplines such as artificial intelligence and Semantic Web, databases, data science, data analytics and machine learning, human-computer interaction, social networks, distributed and mobile systems, data and information retrieval, knowledge discovery, and computational linguistics. More information at: http://www.otmconferences.org/index.php/conferences/odbase-2018
- Event date:Thursday, 25 October, 2018 to Saturday, 27 October, 2018Place:Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology (RECSM) at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
BigSurv18 will be held October 25–27, 2018, at the Research and Expertise Centre for Survey Methodology at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain.The conference offers an opportunity to address the ongoing paradigm shift in how researchers produce, analyze, and use statistics. The event, hosted by the European Survey Research Association (ESRA), is intended to foster communication, collaboration, and understanding between two groups: (1) computer and data scientists focusing on emerging Big Data sources and analysis techniques, and (2) methodologists and researchers working on traditional sources of data collection and statistical analyses.Presenters from the various disciplines and around the world are invited to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference.
Abstracts for presentation at the conference on the theme “Exploring New Statistical Frontiers at the Intersection of Survey Science and Big Data" are currently accepted. More information is available here.Find more information about the conference here.
- Event date:Monday, 12 November, 2018 to Wednesday, 14 November, 2018Place:Vienna
After the great success of last edition, the European Big Data Value Forum 2018 will be held in Vienna from the 12th to the 14th of November 2018. Save the date, stayed tuned, and contribute to shape the European Data and AI ecosystem!!! Further information will be shared soon on the EBDVF website. And follow us @BDVA_PPP and #ebdvf18. The dialogue continues...Event type:
- Event date:Tuesday, 4 December, 2018 to Thursday, 6 December, 2018Place:Vienna
The 2018 Austrian Presidency will host the next ICT event at the Austria Centre Vienna in December 2018. The ICT events organised since 1998 by the European Commission have become Europe's most visible international forums for ICT innovation and a unique gathering of the entire ICT research and innovation community.Event type: