On the 19th of January 2018 an Info Day focus on the 2018 Calls for Proposals of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme in the field of Information & Communication Technologies will take place in Zagreb, Croatia.
You are here
- Event date:Friday, 19 January, 2018Place:University of ZagrebThe topics on Big Data Infrastructure will be presented. Information concerning the overall agenda is available here.Find more information here (page in Croatian only).Event type:
- Event date:Friday, 12 January, 2018Place:European Commission, Charlemagne Building - Rue de la Loi 170, Brussels
The Conference on “Data Sharing between companies in Europe – results from a study by the European Commission and way forward” has been held on the 12th of January in Brussels. It aimed at presenting the main findings of the ‘Study on B2B data sharing in Europe’ commissioned by the European Commission, DG CONNECT.Selected companies showcased their experiences with regard to data sharing in B2B relations. To follow up and leverage on these findings, it included a workshop to discuss the way forward in relation to fair principles to B2B data sharing.The presentations used during the conference are available here.
- Event date:Thursday, 11 January, 2018Place:Brussels
The conference brings together representatives and changemakers from European and international institutions, cities, companies, NGOs, SMEs, investors and other interested professionals from around the world to discuss this year's theme “Cities Driving the Digital Transition”.
Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, will open the conference, that features high level plenary speakers in four thematic tracks. The detailed agenda will be announced shortly.
The registration to the conference is free and available online
- Event date:Tuesday, 5 December, 2017 to Thursday, 7 December, 2017Place:Brussels
The European Forum for Electronic Components and Systems aims to join forces and to bring all ECS stakeholders together to work on a common strategy, future collaboration and vision. The event is organised by AENEAS, ARTEMIS-IA, EPoSS, ECSEL Joint Undertaking and the European Commission.
The first edition of EFECS will be dedicated to: ‘Our Digital Future'
When: 5-7 December 2017
Where: Square Brussels Meeting Centre, Brussels
EFECS 2017 is an international forum focussing on the Electronic Components and Systems value chain in Europe. During the event, strategic theme sessions will be organised, keynote speakers will share their expertise and vision and R&I results will be shown in a project exhibition.
Event website: https://efecs.eu/
- Event date:Tuesday, 5 December, 2017Place:BOZAR, 23 Rue Ravenstein Bruxelles, Bruxelles, 1000, Belgium
This year, VRT, Var and BOZAR are organising a special edition of Media Fast Forward, the yearly networking and inspiration event on media innovation. On the 5th of December, Media Fast Forward engages entrepreneurs, media professionals, researchers, advertisers and everyone with interest in media innovation to re-think the opportunities and impact of media and technology in our (future) world.You can find further information about the event and registrations here.
- Event date:Sunday, 19 November, 2017 to Monday, 20 November, 2017Place:INRIA, Domaine de Voluceau, Rocquencourt - B.P. 105, 78153 Le Chesnay, France.
The NSF Big Data innovation Hubs organises an interactive workshop titled "Trans-Atlantic Symposium on Public Private Partnerships for Big Data Research and Innovation and Workforce Development on November 19-20, 2017.This workshop is being held in conjunction with the European Big Data Value Forum 2017, Big Data Value Association, PICASSO Project and INRIA.The main aim of the workshop is to bring together academic and industry actors from United States (US) and the European Union (EU) to discuss about the Big Data Science Research and Innovation ongoing efforts.The Agenda and the registration for the Trans-Atlantic Symposium is available here.
- Event date:Wednesday, 15 November, 2017Place:Webinar
The Big Data Europe (BDE) project is presenting and releasing the final public version of its
open source Integrator Platform at the Webinar scheduled on Thursday 16 November, 15:00
CET.During this Webinar, BDE’s technical team will present what the Big Data Europe
Integrator Platform can do, how it does it, and how you can use it in order to derive more
value from your data sets. Moreover the project’s latest achievements with regard to
Semantifying the Big Data Stack will be showcased.
- Event date:Tuesday, 14 November, 2017Place:Webinar
The European Data Market Study, which aims to define, assess and measure the European Data Economy, is entering in the second phase!Over the next three years, IDC and The Lisbon Council will update the indicators measuring the European Data Economy, identify new emerging data-related issues and analyse the data ecosystem.A webinar for learning more about the second phase of the project and its first outputs will be held on the 14th of November at 14h30 CET.The webinar will highlight the benefits, challenges and methodologies of opening up private data for public good.You can register for the webinar here.
- Event date:Thursday, 9 November, 2017 to Friday, 10 November, 2017Place:Budapest
This networking event centres on European ICT Research and Innovation with a special focus on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2018-20.
The event will focus on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-20 in the field of Information & Communication Technologies. It will offer an exceptional opportunity to build quality partnerships with academics, researchers, industrial stakeholders, SMEs and government actors from all over Europe.
Source and further information: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/ict-proposers-day-2017
- Event date:Wednesday, 18 October, 2017 to Thursday, 19 October, 2017Place:Brussels, Belgium
BDVA organises its next Activity Group meeting for members in Brussels on October 18-19. Specific workshops/sessions in topics such as Digital Skills, Smart Manufacturing Industry, i-Spaces and Data Platforms (IDPs and PDPs) are organised in the context of this Activity Group meeting. BDVA members can find all the relevant information and register in the BDVA Intranet.Event type:
- Event date:Wednesday, 18 October, 2017 to Thursday, 19 October, 2017Place:London
This October in London , senior data leaders will be attending the exclusive Chief Data Officer forum to benchmark, strategise and learn through Think Tank sessions, roundtable discussions, one-to-one meetings and panel debates. The current attendees were recently part of a research project to view the top investment priories for the next 12-18 months, which is free to download http://bit.ly/2htSSuG . To be part of this year's discussion, and to ensure that you're part of shaping the data landscape, request your invitation by emailing us on email@example.com with your contact details including job title and company quoting BVDA or call us on 44 (0) 20 7368 9484
- Event date:Tuesday, 17 October, 2017Place:Brussels, Belgium
We invite you to the first QHHQ seminar on Tuesday 17 October 2017 in Brussels where new groundbreaking work by Andrew Odlyzko will be presented and debated by a.o. Rogier Delanghe, Leo Van Hove, Francesco Nucci and Malte Beyer-Katzenberger.imec, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, the Big Data Value Association and other European innovation networks joined to set up the Quadruple Helix Headquarters (QHHQ) in Brussels, a place for reflection and innovation among EU's digital leaders.Location: Pleinlaan 9, 1st floor, 1050 BrusselsThe event is free, but registration is required.Join the event for an exciting debate on data, platforms and business models. Register here!Event type:
- Event date:Wednesday, 11 October, 2017 to Thursday, 12 October, 2017Place:Karlsruhe, Germany
The 2nd Big Data All Hands Meeting (BDAHM) is held in conjunction with the 2nd Smart Data Innovation Conference (SDIC).The BDAHM/SDIC 2017 joint conference will be held in Berlin on the 11th and 12th October. It is organised with the following tracks:Big Data All Hands Meeting Track: Within the 2nd Big Data All Hands Meeting, related BMBF projects will present their results, innovative solutions, best practices and developed frameworks.Smart Data Innovation Conference Track: Within the 2nd Smart Data Innovation Conference, the Smart Data Innovation Lab (SDIL) and its Data Innovation Communities will present their work and provide a hands-on experience of the SDIL Platform.The talks can be held either in English or German.Registration are now open here!
- Event date:Tuesday, 26 September, 2017 to Wednesday, 27 September, 2017Place:AmsterdamEvent Organizer: Corinium Global IntelligenceStrapline: Driving Actionable Insights While Maintaining Data Governance & Quality.Coming to Mainland Europe for the first time, this year’s data strategy event will explore how you as a data and analytics leader can deliver on insight-led decision-making and drive innovation within your business. Explore strategies and approaches for delivering real actionable insights utilising data and analytics through tangible real-life case studies while embedding the importance of governance and data quality enterprise wide.
More information: http://coriniumintelligence.com/cdaoeurope/
View the latest agenda: http://coriniumintelligence.com/cdaoeurope/day/day-one/
Ticket Price Options and registration: http://coriniumintelligence.com/cdaoeurope/register/
- Event date:Wednesday, 20 September, 2017 to Thursday, 21 September, 2017Place:Copenhague
DTU will host the first university-driven technology summit in September, focusing on the digitization of Danish industry. The event showcases the newest leading technologies and shows you how to start using and benefitting from these technologies.
High Tech Summit will focus on areas such as:
- Industry 4.0, for example smart robots in production settings and ultra-fast 3D printers
- Digitization and Big Data, for example digital, customized healthcare solutions, smart energy management in cities and new business models
- Internet of Things, for example intelligent pens in food production, driverless vehicles and new IT solutions preventing abuse of our personal data on the Internet
- Advanced materials, for example smart materials, nano-sensors for environmental engineering solutions, and smart surfaces of advanced products.
- Start-ups and students, for example disruption, high-tech start-ups, and synergies between start-ups and large corporations.
More information at the High Tech Summit website here.
- Event date:Tuesday, 19 September, 2017 to Wednesday, 20 September, 2017Place:Sicco Mansholt (EC Charlemagne) Rue de la Loi 170 Brussels, 1000 Belgium
Big Data Europe Project is pleased to announce the third and final in a scheduled series of workshops regarding supporting the SC5 domain. The aims of this workshop are to discuss the role of big data technologies in emergency response scenarios related to events of hazardous substances releases in the atmosphere, to present the 2nd use-case pilot and to introduce ongoing work towards the 3rd and final pilot.The BDE SC5 workshop will take place on the first day of a two-day event with the title “Collective Awareness Platform on Data Needs, Citizens participation and Regulatory Challenges on Big Society Challenges with a Worldwide Exploitation of Emerging Technologies”, co-organised with JRC Ispra.The event will take place on September 19-20, 2017, in the EC premises in Brussels, Belgium and it is designed to encourage active participation by EC officials, scientists and stakeholders.Please register via Eventbrite here.
- Event date:Thursday, 14 September, 2017Place:ERTICO-ITS Europe, Blue Tower – Avenue Louise 326 Brussels, Belgium
The Big Data Europe Transport Societal Challenge (SC4) will host a workshop on 14th September. Overall, SC4 aims to contribute to smarter, safer and cleaner transport using beyond-state-of-the-art data solutions and giving rise to a European leadership for new mobility services. This workshop, in particular, will put focus on the demonstration of the Big Data Integrator Platform that has been developed by the project. The workshop will also feature a panel debate to find out from knowledgeable speakers about how big data is transforming the transport sector, and parallel sessions in the afternoon, aimed at gathering feedback from workshop participants.The objective of the workshop is to demonstrate the value of the recently launched Platform by showcasing the pilot, and to collect feedback from stakeholders requiring transport solutions on how the platform can be extended to increase its value and facilitate further applications. The workshop will also feature a panel debate discussing the transformation that big data is bringing to the transport industry and presenting some of the current EU funded projects working with transport and big data.Please register via Eventbrite here.
- Event date:Monday, 11 September, 2017 to Thursday, 14 September, 2017Place:Meervaart Theatre - Amsterdam
The annual SEMANTiCS conference is the meeting place for all stakeholders of the Semantic Web technologies. Every year this event attracts the world‘s leading Semantic Web practitioners and researchers, uniting thus research, industry and public administration. Top-of-the line presentations from around the world will enable you to delve into state-of-the-art developments with regard to the future of the Web.
Besides the highly diversified event program, this year the conference will feature:
- Prestigious Keynote Speakers.
- The 3rd European Linked Data Contest.
- A broad spectrum of satellite events (e.g. DBpedia Day, Workshops, Poster Sessions).
- A unique marketplace with free access for participants and visitors.
You can find more info about the event here.
As SEMANTiCS consitutes the only European industry-focused conference on semantic technologies and solutions, it presents the key opportunity to increase the visibility of your company, organisation or project among an international, high impact community and beyond. Seize this opportunity and meet data and information managers, IT-architects, project developers, software engineers and researchers from organisations ranging from NPOs, universities, public administrations and SMEs to the largest enterprises in the world.
You can find more information in the Sponsorship Brochure and here. For customized offers, you can contact the sponsoring team.
- Event date:Monday, 11 September, 2017Place:The Meervaart (Room 7)
There are nowadays some irrevocable trends implying that science will open. As regards to data, this implies that sharing instead of owning will become the default. However, there are almost no incentives (but mostly rules & obligations) to make data available and sharable. Seamless facilities for researchers to share data are much needed, and credits need to be attributed when data re-used.Europe is developing a Cloud infrastructure where data can be shared and reused. In order to achieve it, data has to be made FAIR - findable, accessible, interoperable and re-usable. In addition, social data require privacy and security measures.
Big Data can make important contributions to the technical progress in key societal challenges identified by the European Union its "Horizon 2020" and thereby also on OpenScience!This workshop will focus on societal challenge 6 "Europe in changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies", with a main focus of OpenScience & (Big) Data Management by introducing the background, covering the main challenges, and seeking real examples of the potential, challenges and complexities of using big data in our societies.Furthermore the Big Data Integrator (BDI, https://www.big-data-europe.eu/platform/) Platform of the Big Data Europe Project and several demos/pilots from different societal challenges (including SC6) realised on top of it will be presented. The workshop is planned to provide space for questions and discussions with speakers and participants as well as for networking!As the event is embedded as official workshop of the SEMANTiCS2017 conference (https://www.semantics.cc) participants are able to participate also in workshops in the morning of the 11th September and/or join the Platform Linked Data Netherlands MeetUp (PLDN) that also acts as the SEMANTiCS 2017conference evening reception. Registered workshop participants receive also 15% discount on regular SEMANTiCS2017 conference tickets.
- Where are now in setting up a Europe cloud infrastructure?
- How can we implement social science data?
- How do we organise secure access and provide information and training on the big and complex data collections?