BDVA i-Spaces labelling 2019
The call for i-Spaces labels 2019 is closed!
Results will be announced at the European Big Data Value Forum 2019 (Helsinki)
Why to apply?
Data Innovation Spaces are cross-sectorial innovation hubs that bring together data sources, AI related technologies, competences and all the technical and non-technical aspects needed to allow SMEs and start-ups to get their data driven and AI related services, products and applications quickly tested, piloted and exploited.
By this labelling process, the BDVA recognizes the quality of existing data innovation spaces or hubs in Europe, and guarantees that the innovation environments provided by those initiatives meet the necessary requirements to boost data driven and AI based innovation at local level, but also the collaboration with similar initiatives to foster the adoption at European level.
The label is a well recognized brand, offers a quality reference and provides visibility to national initiatives on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
- Apply by filing out a questionnaire providing all the relevant information
- Assessment by the experts and professionals part of the i-Space label review committee
- Online interview (only if requested by the review committee)
- Proposal from the review committee with labelled i-Spaces
- Assessment and final decision by the BDVA Board of Directors
- Communication of results to all the candidates
- Hand-out ceremony of label at the European Big Data Value Forum
- Application for BDVA i-Space label: fill out the questionnaire and send it to email@example.com no later than 31st of May.
- Online interviews: Foreseen mid-June 2019 (only if needed).
- Communication of results: September 2019.
- Hand out of granted labels and ceremony at the European Big Data Value Forum, Helsinki, 14-16 Oct, 2019
Your Data Innovation Space will be reviewed in the following five domains:
- Projects and applications
- Impact to eco-system
- Business strategy and sustainability
All domains are evaluated and given a score between 1 and 5. The innovation space will be granted a label (gold, silver, bronze) according to the following criteria:
- The application process is open to both BDVA and non-BDVA members.
- The i-Space label applicant is responsible to ensure all information supplied to BDVA gives a realistic representation of verifiable status of the i-Space.
- The applicant might be requested some additional information/evidence during the evaluation process. If the applicant does not provide the requested evidence or the information provided reveals substantial discrepancies to the reported status, any running procedure may be stopped and prior granted labels may be revoked, at any time on the sole authority of the Review Committee after agreement with the BDVA Secretary General.