Standards and Innovation: Data and AI standards generating value for SMEs
BDVA organised in collaboration with the BDVe project a webinar on "ICT Standards and Innovation" on May 19th 10am CEST. The organisation of this webinar was led by the BDVA TF6.SG6 (Standards) and the BDVA TF8.SG1 (Business-SMEs). The webinar combined an introductory part on ICT Standards and Standardisation with a deep dive for SMEs.
Agenda and presentations:
- Introduction. Ana Garcia Robles
- Session 1: EU strategy, standards and innovation
- Overview on Standards and innovation. Ray Walshe (DCU, BDVA TF6.SG6 Chair)
- EC Strategy and DSM. Role of Standards. Thomas Reibe (EC DG CNECT)
- Q&A (15 min)
- Session 2: Deep-dive on SMEs: benefits of SMEs: Best practices of SMEs engaging directly in Standardisation
- Privacy-Preserving Techonologies. Rigo Wenning (W3C)
- Testimonial from SMEs:
- Q&A (10 min)
- Closing testimonial from Ahmet Soylu (SINTEF)
Moderators: Ana García, Ray Walshe, Artur Romao
Watch the video of the webinar here.