Focus and activities
The Task Force Skills focuses on the growing pervasiveness of data in business and society that has made a central need for data scientists to help organizations extract knowledge from their data. Filling this skills gap in Europe is a challenging task that has many facets, such as:
- Educators (from academy to any organization offering courses) need to know the needs and fills the gaps for different levels of expertise (professional/theoretical, formal/non-formal);
- Employers needs to hire/retrain personnel with the proper skills, depending on the kind of organization (SME/large industry) different approaches are possible;
- Employees and students need to get their skills recognized.
- Big Data Value Education Hub
- Big Data Value Skills Recognition Program
- Pledge to the European Commission Digital Skills and Job Coalition