BDVA/DAIRO call for i-Space labels 2021
BDVA/DAIRO call for i-Space labels 2021
The i-Space label is a well-established and recognised, European level quality label for European Data Innovation Spaces and Hubs. By qualifying, the applicants prove they meet the BDVA/DAIRO community's tight criteria to become a trusted data incubator. The members foster cross-sectoral innovation, bringing together data sources, AI technologies, competencies and other technical and non-technical aspects to allow SME's and start-ups to get their data-driven and AI-related services going. 2021 call for i-Space labels includes EUHubs4Data call for DIHs.
The deadline for the application is June 15th, 17:00CET
Data Innovation Spaces are cross-sectorial innovation hubs that bring together data sources, AI-related technologies, competencies and all the technical and non-technical aspects needed to allow SMEs and start-ups to get their data-driven services, products, and applications quickly tested, piloted and exploited.
By this labelling process, the BDVA/DAIRO recognises the quality of existing data innovation spaces or hubs in Europe and guarantees that the innovation environments provided by those initiatives meet the requirements to boost data-driven and AI-based innovation at a local level, but also the collaboration with similar initiatives to foster the adoption at European level. BDVA/DAIRO has granted the label since 2016, and today there are 18 i-Spaces throughout Europe.
This year, the BDVA i-Space call is combined with the EUHubs4Data call for DIHs. The EUHubs4Data federation has its foundation on i-Spaces, as all the labelled hubs of 2019 joined forces to set up the project! The project is selecting new initiatives to become part of the federation of Data-Driven Innovation Hubs, allocating funding to support the new DIHs in different activities. The EUHubs4Data call uses BDVA i-Spaces label to assess the quality and relevance of the candidates. While submitting for the i-Space label, you can also choose to apply for becoming EUH4D DIH!
Too much information? Join our info session on 6th of May, 12:00(CET) and ask all your burning questions there!
Why should you apply
The i-Space label offers a quality reference and provides visibility to national initiatives on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence. It is a great way to show you relevance in the European ecosystem and gain more opportunities for your organisation!
With the i-Space label, you have the chance to:
- Get better access to knowledge and experience
- Connect and collaborate with other initiatives and projects
- Gain visibility in European level
- Be part of a European-wide ecosystem of organisations, companies and policy-makers
- Improve your service offering
- Add value to your local ecosystem of SME's
- Join events and other activities
- Apply to become part EUHubs4Data federation of Data-Driven Innovation Hubs
To BDVA i-Spaces call for labels:
Any data-driven initiative in Europe based on the following countries:
- The Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions.
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States. Entities from OCTs are eligible for funding under the same conditions as entities from the Member States to which the OCT in question is linked.
- H2020 Associated countries: according to the updated list published by the EC
- The UK applicants are eligible under the conditions set by the EC for H2020 participation at the time of the deadline of the call.
To EUHubs4Data call for DIHs:
- Coordinator of a DIH included in the European Commission DIH's catalogue and with technical competencies in "data mining, big data and database management".
- Based in a region not currently covered by the DIHs of the federation.
Note: As a preliminary condition to be selected for funding, applicants will have to meet the criteria to be recognised as BDVA i-Space 2021
How to apply
- 1Download and carefully read the guidelines for applicants.
- 2Download the editable PDF questionnaire.
- 3Make sure you use the latest version of your PDF viewer (preferably Adobe Reader)
- 4Fill out the corresponding sections (A – F if you apply only for the BDVA i-Space label, all sections if you are also applying to EUH4D call for DIHs).
- 5Send your application to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, before the deadline: June 15th, 17:00 CET
- 6You will receive a confirmation that the application has been successfully received
- 7You can resubmit your application by this procedure as many times as you want before the deadline. Only the last successfully received application will be considered for evaluation.
Evaluation criteria and label grades
Your Data Innovation Space will be reviewed in the following five domains:
- Projects and applications
- Impact to ecosystem
- Business strategy and sustainability
All domains are evaluated and given a score between 1 and 5. The innovation space will be granted a label (gold, silver, bronze) according to the following criteria:
All domains between 3 and 5
3 or more domains above 2
3 or more domains above 1
The i-Space label is valid for two years. After the period, it is possible to re-apply for the label.
If you need any further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or get in touch with us through our LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Deadline for applications: June 15th 2021
- Communication of results: second half of July
- Hand out of granted labels and ceremony at the European Big Data Value Forum: November 2021
- The application process is open to both BDVA/DAIRO and non-BDVA/DAIRO members.
- The i-Space label applicant is responsible for ensuring all information supplied to BDVA/DAIRO gives a realistic representation of a verifiable status of the i-Space.
- The applicant might be requested some additional information/evidence during the evaluation process. If the applicant does not provide the requested evidence or the information provided reveals substantial discrepancies to the reported status, any running procedure may be stopped and prior granted labels may be revoked, at any time on the sole authority of the Review Committee after agreement with the BDVA/DAIRO Secretary General.
- Members of the review committee will be selected from relevant independent experts through an open call that will address people expert in the different dimensions covered by the i-Spaces.
- Questions? Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org