BDVA welcomes 19 new members
On the 8th of July, the BDVA General Assembly officially welcomed 19 new members, among which there are 5 Full Members and 14 Associate Members. New members come from Cyprus, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain and the United Kingdom. Amongst the new members there are 3 Large Enterprises, 3 SMEs, 6 Academic organisation and 7 other organisations (start-ups, web entrepreneurs, associations).
We are happy to welcome the following FULL MEMBERS (in alphabetical order):
- ABI Lab: ABI Lab is the Research and Innovation Centre founded on the initiative of the Italian Banking Association (ABI) with the aim of creating a network between banks and ICT companies.ABI Lab is an important Centre of research and professional training on technology and innovation for the banking sector, carrying out research on technologies applied to banking processes, producing analyses and models, developing pilot projects and case studies and representing a communication channel between banks and ICT companies to increase the knowledge of innovation and creating better market conditions. It has recently launched the first Banking Hub dedicated to AI (AI HUB), that will enable a unique dialogue platform in which banking competence centers on AI, banks' expert teams and research partners and partners participate.
- eBOS Technologies: EBOS is an innovative and client-focused Information Technology (IT) SME software house dedicated to providing comprehensive and cost-effective technologically-advanced e-business software solutions to enterprise customers worldwide. EBOS product portfolio provides a wide range of Windows and web-based customisable business solutions targeted for the enterprise market.
- Occitanie Data: Occitanie Data was formed in January 2019, around a core of 17 founders from the industrial world as well as academia, companies and public institutions. All of them have become aware of the pact of trust that Occitanie Data proposes to build and guarantee both on the level of data sovereignty and on the level of the ethics of its use, for a sharing and a cross treatment of the different sources that respects the interests of each one, and allows a fair distribution of the created value.
- University of the Basque Country: The University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) is a teaching and research institution officially founded in 1980. The UPV/EHU has been recognised as an International Research Campus of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation Since the first European Research Framework Programmes, the UPV/EHU has been very active and has participated in a variety of collaborative projects. HITZ has been created recently with the aim of becoming an Artificial Intelligence reference center in the area of Language Technologies, based on the previous experience on training, research, innovation and transfer activities of the IXA and Aholab research groups.
- University of Murcia: The University of Murcia is a large University with approximately 36.000 students and 3.500 staff members. The research group participating most actively in BDVA has experience in security in network infrastructure and the integration of intelligent techniques and agents based middleware platforms. UMU group has participated in several EU projects within FP5 to H2020 in the different fields with strong expertise in IoT, Data analytics and Big Data.
Warm welcome to the following ASSOCIATE members (in alphabetical order):
- 1001 Lakes: 1001 Lakes unlocks value in data ecosystems by facilitating data sharing across organizational borders. 1001 Lakes has recently coordinated a project that aims to create open rulebook templates for data sharing.
- AUSTRALO Interinnov Marketing Lab SL: AUSTRALO is a marketing company to thrive in the Lab-to-Market leap. Its mission is to funnel the transformation potential of cutting-edge Research+Innovation into its real-life application, creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging value streams among target groups.
- BOM: BOM (Brabant Development Agency) is an economic development agency in the South of the Netherlands. In this region, which is dominated by high tech manufacturing companies and foodprocessing industires data are becoming more and more important. BOM Brabant Ventures helps ambitious Brabant companies to grow in a future-proof manner. Through our knowledge and risk capital, we focus on startups and scaleups in Brabant’s top industries: High Tech Systems & Materials, Agrofood, the Bio-based Economy, Life Sciences & Medtech, and Maintenance & Supply Chain.
- ENGIE Lab CRIGEN: ENGIE Lab CRIGEN, part of the ENGIE Labs network, is ENGIE Group’s corporate center for R&D and high-level expertise devoted to new energy resources (hydrogen, biogas and gas liquefaction), new energy uses in towns and cities, the buildings and industries of tomorrow and emerging technologies (computer sciences and Al, drones and robots, nanotechnologies and sensors). ENGIE is a French multinational electric utility company, headquartered in La Défense, Courbevoie, which operates in the fields of energy transition, electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear, renewable energy and petroleum
- ETA Consulting: ETA Consulting is an Italian SME born from 25-year experience partners and operates on European Research and Information Technology field. ETA provides integrated services based on the creation and update of Innovation Strategy to identify company as-is, innovation actions and possible fundings. The main areas of expertise includes innovation development and legal, societal and ethical issues management, further to dissemination and exploitation. Its competences include Responsible Research &Innovation, eg anticipating/addressing Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) or Aspects (ELSA) of new research.
- FTK e.V.: The work of FTK concentrates on the area of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). An interdisciplinary team with well-founded research background paired with an expanded network to all important stakeholders in the field of Information and Communication Technologies makes FTK a leading institution for the development and implementation of innovation strategies for business and administration in the ICT area. The Institute is organized as a non-profit membership organisation and is pursuing objectives in the public interest.
- IDEKO: IDEKO is a private research center skilled on advanced manufacturing and industrial production technologies. The specific unit of "ICT & Automation" deals with data science related to machine-tools and manufacturing systems, addressing five different data levels: component, asset, process, system/shopfloor, value chain.
- Leonardo SPA: Leonardo is one of the top ten players in the world in Aerospace, Defence and Security, with revenues of € 13.8 billion. Leonardo delivers products and integrated solutions based on cutting-edge technologies with dual-use applications, to strengthen global security; protect people, the territories, infrastructures and information networks; contribute to the sustainable management of the environment, urban spaces and climate. Leonardo is working on digital transformation, the new frontier that will radically change the main markets and also generate unexplored opportunities in Industry 4.0.
- LORTEK: LORTEK is a private technological centre with the aim of generating advanced knowledge and technologies in Industry 4.0 through digitalized processes and transfer it to the industry to provide a competitive position in the market.
- SatCen: The European Union Satellite Centre (SatCen) is an Agency of the Council of the European Union (EU) working under the supervision of the Political and Security Committee and the operational direction of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. Research and Innovation activities within SatCen cover the development of innovative solutions focusing on the exploitation of geospatial information and on emerging technologies as Big Data, Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence towards more secure, reliable and autonomous systems in accordance to SatCen (and its Stakeholders) requirements.
- Software Imagination & Vision (SIMAVI): SIMAVI is a resulting company, following the partial split (spin-off) process of SIVECO ROMANIA SA (SIVECO) in December 2019. SIMAVI has taken over the software products and projects references from the following fields of activity: R&D, Education & Training, eHealth, Security, Customised Applications, ERP & BI, Customs, and Government.SIMAVI’s team has extensive experience in European R&D projects, being involved as technological provider and as coordinator in many European Programmes such as: FP6, FP7, Ambient Assisted Living (AAL), ITEA and currently Horizon 2020.
- Value Date: Value date gathers experts in data handling. Starting with strategy and governance definition, Value Date handles all your data needs, from core services (setup and systems management) to input/output (ETL/ELT), data science (new insights and KPIs with your existing data), data analytics (visualizations and dashboards), support and custom developments.
- Yoop Tech Limited: Yoop Tech Limited is building a personal data wallet that collects the data generated on websites and apps, aggregates it, encrypts it and hands it over to the user. It also provides privacy-protecting AI services for companies. Its goal is to give individuals ownership over their data and complete control over who can access their personal data. The technology is being piloted by media companies but it is sector-agnostic and the company seeks to expand to other verticals.
- University of Pavia (Department of Economics and Management): The Department of Economics and Management of the University of Pavia has a long tradition of work in the fields of data analysis, data mining and data science, usually applied to economic and financial use cases. Within the department there is a Fintech laboratory, coordinated by Professor Paolo Giudici, which engages about 14 researchers active in the development of statistical models and software tools for the measurement of the financial risks that arise from the application of financial technologies. This to prevent crisis and to improve the sustainability of innovations themselves.