Task Force 11: Trustworthiness of Industrial AI (emerging)
Based on the strong demand from BDVA members and the large amount of activities perfomed in 2021, the mandate is now being drafted.
TF11 focuses on AI research, innovation and deployment in relation to industrial data and the consquent trustworthiness of AI using such data. The aim is to accelerate the adoption of Industrial and Trustworthy AI in Europe, in support of the EU policy framework and efforts to foster digital economy and industrial development.The Task Force covers tools and methodologies that support the design, test, validation, verification, and maintainability of AI-based functions and systems and addresses the development of AI-based process and systems to demonstrate its integration into new products and services.Via this Task Force, BDVA stresses the need to develop and invest in engineering and standardisation frameworks for Industrial and Trustworthy AI and calls for strong collaboration with national initiatives working on Industrial AI to align and coordinate efforts on this matter, as outlined in the BDVA position paper Response to the European Commission’s proposal for AI Regulation (August 2021).
- Event: Shaping European AI leadership: Enabling trustworthy industrial applications, standardization and innovation (2022)
- Franco-German position paper on "Speeding up industrial AI and trustworthiness" (2021)
- BDVA response to the public consultation on ethical and legal requirements for AI (2021)
- BDVA/DAIRO position paper Response to the European Commission’s proposal for AI Regulation (2021)
- Liaison with CEN-CENELEC JTC21 and ISO/IEC JTC1 SC42 (continuous)
- BDVA position paper: BDVA’s response to the European Commission’s Whitepaper on Artificial Intelligence “A European approach to excellence and trust” (2020)
- Data-driven artificial intelligence for European economic competitiveness and societal progress (2018)